Ok, its been quite some time since I last wrote in this blog thing. I must say, 2010 has been a year I don't soon want to remember. Trying to fit in all of my running, the birth of my daughter, mother and father's health issues and surgeries with me being the go-to guy, don't even get me started again on work... but that aspect will soon change!! But through it all, I realized that little ol' insignificant me is really needed by my family and the countless hours I was putting into running was cutting into that. My son was having issues in school, and in the whole scope of things, I believe that it could have been some type of rebellion due to my not being present enough. I would take him to school in the morning, and when I got home from work, I would go running and then by the time I was finished and showered and all, it was time for bed. NOT GOOD. He has been doing a lot better and no more calls from the school. I'm also making him more independent. My youngest daughter is a bundle of joy, although she is still having sleeping issues. She now recognizes me and lights up whenever I come home! My oldest daughter is like a mini-me. She does what she needs to do and follows directions... I just hope she doesnt plan on being a doctor. LOL.
I had a minor issue with a delusioned individual who REALLY don't know me and didn't realize how close this person was to dealing with me up close and personal. Money at your disposal, internet, and friends in high and low places that got your back... yep, I got it. Those that know me and my temperament will be surprised yet proud that I didnt act on it because if divine intervention would not have came when it did... I would be blogging from a 10x10 with 3 hots and a cot, or from a country where there are no extradition laws. If one more day had passed... Suffice it to say JESUS SAVES!
Me and the wife are closer. We were like two ships passing in the sea with our crazy schedules, but we now make time for each other and are on the highway to heaven... literally. We have a renewed faith together and putting all the dumb stuff behind us.
So now, after celebrating Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Birthday, son's Birthday, daughter's Birthday, and seemingly most of life's stressors at bay, I find myself 10lbs heavier than I was at the end of my running tenure 4 months ago. Not to mention this has been the worst winter EVER! We got over 5 feet of snow this winter and the cold... I've lived here all of my life and never seen anything like this. So exercising was at a standstill. Now I decide to get out of this funk, moderate my time and get back out there on the pavement. It felt good being out there. Just did a shakeout run, the first mile was like ecstacy, I ran it as if I never stopped running in the first place. 7 minutes flat, in the snow on the unpaved streets. But then... ugh, the lungs tightened and the air got thinner. The legs were saying "who do you think we are??" Hit a mild incline and it was OVER!! Had to stop and rest at 1.75 miles and was tapped. I turned around to go home and that was the longest 1.75 miles going back ever. I was running at a near standstill. Legs were burning!! The wind was in my face! Not a good look. This was 1 week to this day, and my soreness has JUST gone away. Crazy thing is, this time last year I could just wake up and run a full marathon 26.2 miles.
Now I do plan on picking up and lacing them back up, but not for competition... just for fitness. Don't plan on racing this year, but maybe a charitable event here and there. I need an outlet and running has been that outlet. Marathons?? Very unlikely. I always said that I would do any Ironman, but not in this juncture of my life... maybe when I'm well into my 40's. So is this a comeback?? Well, sorta... but dont call it a comeback, I been here before!! So now the process of getting back into running shape and shedding these pounds that found their way on me, I must admit, I have been eating like a junkfood junkie!! So in the spirit of losing weight, I run on...
CrossFit Open 2016 Local Leaderboard
10 years ago
good to hear from you, havn't been blogging much myself. I know that my God and my running kept on track through some of the my most difficult times.
ReplyDelete