Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Blah...

Its been 2 years since my last real race. today was the first half i have embarked on in such a length of time. crazy thing is i have not even run 13.1 miles since my last half. so obviously this was an interesting race. my goal was to finish... not for time. i really didnt know what to expect. of course my ipod didnt want to work today, so i ran without music!! it was a tough race. this was the same course i set my pr. so i was a lil excited. ran into a guy i ran against in high school, and he was surprised to see me running. he was not running, just cheering on another runner. i was not feeling it from the first mile. barely 8 minutes and that took a lil work. my first mile last time was 6:50.  i struggled the entire race and wanted to quit by mile 5 so i did the gallowalk thing.  Nothing special to write about.  My babygirl is now 2 years old, so she is getting a bit more independent, so I am starting to find a little more time to run.  I dont think I will EVER be in the shape I was starting to get in in 2009, but thats ok.  This half was the Martian Marathon. I was so sore afterwards.  This was the first time I ever walked during a half marathon.  Plus being over 200lbs didnt help either... lol.  I just cruised to the finish and chalked it up as an experience and was happy to have finished this distance once more.  Of course I was thinking "Im never signing up for this distance ever again" while I was running... but why did I sign up for another half marathon one week later?? Glutton for pain I guess, lol.  My time was no where near me feeling comfortable posting, LOL.  Running recreationally is nice but my competitive side always get the best of me... Maybe that's why I'm dealing with this right knee pain that has been going on for almost a year now... I may give in and get an MRI, it is PAINFUL at times and keeps me up at night.  But even though I am now a TRUE Weekend Warrior, I run on...

No comments:

Post a Comment