Well, just a quick update. I'm pretty much done with my P.T. sessions. Helped a little, but I think it had more to do with me taking it easy. I can run 9 miles without significant pain now. I'm doing strengthening (lunges and squats and leg raises) and am soooo sore for now. I feel that my endurance is a little less than when I ran my marathon. My 9 milers seem to be a bit tougher than before. That was to be expected.
Now this cold... some people were complaining that they had to run a 30-40 degree marathon. I wish I could run in that temperature. That is NOT cold. It has been teens and single digits for the past week and a half here, and the windchill makes it feel like below zero. Now that's cold. When the sweat freezes the hat you are wearing and you get a freezer burn on your forehead!!! THAT'S cold. We just got a couple of inches of snow also. I did my 9 miler in the snow... had to pull out the Yak Trax. Slowed me down, but made the run manageable. My treadmill has finally died on me. Now its to the pavement or nothing at all... actually I have a membership at the YMCA, but that's a long drive when I could be running.
I'm going to go ahead and sign up for a spring half marathon and a summer trail half marathon. I may repeat the Detroit full marathon and maybe even some other marathon thrown in the mix. But at least now I know to stretch and train specifically for a marathon to avoid getting injured again. Just a brief update... and I run on ...
CrossFit Open 2016 Local Leaderboard
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment