Saturday, September 6, 2008

Half-way Mark in Practice!!

So I signed up for the Detroit Marathon... the full!!! Lord knows that I dont want to waste my money and not run it. I just hope its not hot!!! My confidence is rising on whether I can finish. My pride says run a 3:30:00, but my better judgement says 3:30:00 - 3:45:00, yet my gut says under 4 hours.

So its 7 weeks until the big day. I embarked on a long run this past Tuesday. Started at 8pm and did not finish until 10pm. I felt like I could run for days!! I didnt want to stop. Its far and few that I get into that mode. But it was so cool outside and I hydrated well that all I needed was two bottles. Didnt even need a Gu or anything. My motto was "Dont look at the Garmin, just run by feel, slow down if needed because this is a practice run". Actually, I did stop for 1 - 2 minutes to guzzle down some fluids at mile 10. I really didnt feel fatigued at all. After coming to the harsh reality that I had to work in the morning, I turned it in... I finished with a grand total of 14 miles run in that interim. That is the longest I have ever run in my entire life. If you asked me that a year ago, I would laugh in your face!! But, that is only half-way... the marathon is 26.2 miles!!!! So I run on...

1 comment:

  1. Good job on running by feel. I think you have reasonable goals for your marathon. Just stay healthy and keep running smart. That Crim 10 Miler sounded very challenging but you pulled through! Way to go. Think about that when you hurt during the marathon.

    And you look thinner, like you've lost more weight. Must be all the running! Good job!

    ReplyDelete