OMG!!! I was sooooo sore the next day!! My muscles sooooo tight! Am I really ready for this full?? I have a group 20 miler this weekend, now I'm having doubts. People keep saying the taper will help... I hope so. I couldn't take it, I was almost sore like my very first half. So I decided to do a very slow 4 miles. I did this by TIME not FEEL. I wanted to stay over 8:30 pace ( I read somewhere that even elite Kenyans do this on recovery days). Even if I wanted to run faster, I dont think I could.
Now, my main focus is on quality runs. I believe I have the endurance to hang on til the end, but now my major focus til the race is form, breathing, and relaxing. So I'm thinking of doing a 1 hour swim (a long lost past time of mine) since I have the time. I'll report back after this 20 miler... and so I run on...
MY NEXT HALF MARATHON
PRAY FOR ME!!!!
CrossFit Open 2016 Local Leaderboard
10 years ago
If it didn't hurt everybody would be doing it! Your 20 miler is going to rock out your confidence, and you will be raring to go by the end of the taper. One man's opinion (but I'm right!)
ReplyDelete