Ok, so I decided to start my speed / strength training sorta speak!! I went to my old H.S. to run on the XC course and do hills. Well, due to the recent storms, the trail was blocked by downed trees, so i had to make an alternate route, and the hill was not as challenging. I did 5x50 10 second hill sprints. Felt OK. Then I did 1 1600 @ 7:30 pace, then a 800 @ 7:00 pace then a 400 @ 6:30 pace. Nothing spectacular, but at least I got it in. But I'm not done yet!!! I FINALLY give in and find a group to run with at another local H.S. They are doing speed training... real speed training. We get set up for 8x400 @ 85 sec pace for each, with a 200 meter recovery. This is what I'm talking about!!! Reminded me of the olden days... just a lot sllllooooowwwer!!! After the "ordeal", we do lunges and hopping things that burned my thighs!! So of course today i'm sore as i dont know what. But I feel good. I want to go running today, but i'm just gonna take it easy and continue tomorrow.
I'm kinda in a running ZONE right now. If I had the time, I would just run all day. I guess it has something to do with my 10k last Saturday... I'll tell you about that later... Debating on whether to run this 10k this wknd. A lot of people are running it, but I think I'll pass. I'll rather do a long run. I still haven't gotten over 10 miles yet. But one positive thing I have noticed is that I have more definition in my legs and less body fat this year compared to last year... of course I'm running more. So now if I can just get rid of this Goodyear around my waist, I'll be good to go!! LOL
BEFORE ==>
AFTER ==>
(Notice the difference in leg definition, and I can tell I'm slimmer)
where are you in mich? 15k this weekend (6/28) in muskegon that is a great course along the beach and a good distance that is long enough but not too long. see you there!
ReplyDeleteAaah, the burn. I am familiar with it, yet I still keep doing those squats/lunges and speed sessions. Keep track of your progression, with running and your body. You'll be so amazed as each year goes by.
ReplyDeleteRun strong Daweekend! Great to see you're on the running kick!
ReplyDelete