Ok, I'm really getting tired of all this snow. We just got another 2 inches today... My drive home from work was supposed to take 30 minutes max... turned into a 2hr+ ordeal!! I could have run home from work faster than that!! I missed my Sunday long run... bad bad me. I'm just going to have to make up the miles, but the weather... it aint been this bad in YEARS!!! All weekend it was subzero and single digits, with windchill of -20 degrees and less. I did go out on Saturday and used my Yaktrax. They worked fine... but the streets were pretty clear, so i did a lot of running on cement with them. But after losing all feeling in my hands with 2 layers of gloves, it was time to call it quits after 4.5 miles. People may say "You lived here all of your life, aren't u used to it?" You can never get used to it. U just learn to deal with it. But this year is bad! I dont even shovel my driveway, because it will just get covered the same day.
I have 1 month until a 4 mile race. I decided to do it, just to see where I am right now... optimally, I would like to just finish in 28 minutes. But for some reason I dont think i'm near that. But by the end of the year, I will be sub-7 minute miles at least through the 10k. If all goes well, I'll be running with the Hanson's running group the following Saturday for a 5k. No I wont be racing against those world class runners... just trying to get as close to 20 minutes as possible, or lower.
But for now, its to the treadmill i go!! I dont have the luxury of having a tv to watch while i run, so its pretty boring. May just put in 5 or 6 miles.
CrossFit Open 2016 Local Leaderboard
10 years ago
Well, look on the bright side--running in snow WILL make you stronger for the spring. Unfortunately, here in Michigan, we may not have real spring weather until June!
ReplyDeleteHey DaWeekend. Cool blog - glad you got one started. Sounds like you're pretty motivated - busting out the YakTrax to run gets hardcore props in my book.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could go run with the Hanson group sometime! Actually, I doubt I'd even see 'em, since they're so fast!
Keep up the strong work.
I agree. I hate winter. At least spring is right around the corner. Before you know it, we will complaining because it is too hot outside to run!
ReplyDelete-T