Friday, February 29, 2008

Snowing AGAIN!!!

Alright, enough is enough!! I think I spent like 2 hours total running outside this year!!!!!! This snow is getting rediculous!! Just as soon as it melts, it snows again. We just got another 4 inches dumped on us a couple of days ago, and now as I am typing, we are getting another 2 inches. The YakTrax are good, but only in packed snow. (For you non-winter weather people, that means snow that has been trampled on and is compacted) Once again, I started to shovel the driveway and another wave of snow came about. So now all i'm doing is shoveling around my car and a trail to the mailbox and walkway. I aint never seen it snow this much in YEARS!!! It hasnt even been this cold in years. The last time I remember it being this cold was in 1994 when it was -20F with a windchill of -45F. That was the only day I can remember that school was closed due to weather... Michigan State University. I think its time to go after Al Gore... its all his fault!!! If he didnt do stuff to stop global warming, we would be having 40 degree weather right now!! Can I get 1 day of above freezing temps... PLEASE!!!!

Training is not going as planned. My half marathon is going to be "interesting". I missed my 1 mile time trial... which i REALLY wanted to do to assess my leg speed. I ran a 2 x 2800 just for the heck of it. My leg speed is getting back to form, but I was pretty winded after each repeat. But the last half mile of my first repeat was all uphill. I have yet to run a 10 mile LR. By the time I get to like 6.5 miles, my fingers are sooooo numb. I'm scared of getting frostbite. I guess I'm just going to have to just jump out of bed and run this half like I did the last one. This time, I know I can go a little faster (hopefully) because I had so much left at the end. But that half was at the end of the season when i was in better shape, too. Not making excuses... just preparing myself mentally for a possible setback. I dont expect to PR everytime I run, but consistancy is the thing for me.

I have this 5k race I'm going to do in 3 weeks with the Hanson's running group. If I get 22+ minutes, i'm going to contemplate hanging up the shoes and becoming a couch potato. There is a 4 miler the weekend before, but I dont think I'm going to run it now. Plus it costs $25, and it doesnt go towards a special cause. I can put that to other things than running a half hour race.

1 comment:

  1. I bought some really warm gloves from a bicycle shop that really help my hands not become icicles because yeah, it had become mighty painful. Actually, here is a link to the exact gloves: http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&pc_id=73&product_id=527528
    They are expensive, but well worth it.

    ReplyDelete