Click below for my marathon map!!
Martian Marathon
I dont think I'm going to try and PR this course. I'm just not ready. I have only averaged like 20-25 miles per week and have not followed a specific marathon plan. I became overzealous after the Detroit marathon, and the injury left me with something to prove. I'm actually nervous. I'm taking it easy today and Saturday. No pre-race buffets, LOL.
I am 100% sure I'm running Detroit in the fall. I'm 75% sure I'm going to do the CIM this year!! After that, I think my focus will be on the half... I just dont have the time to dedicate to a full in order to do as well as I know I can.
I got out to the track yesterday... It was a surreal feeling. Haven't been there in ages. I "attempted" just a 5 mile easy run, but it felt soooooo easy and my pace was like 7 minutes flat for the first 2 miles... so I slowed down to what felt like a walk. The next 3 miles were like 7:45 pace. Then I called it a night. No more running until the marathon.
I changed my mind, I'm not going to go all out for this race I'm not honestly prepared for. I'm just going to have fun and try to avoid getting injured again. My big race is the 25k in May. Still have to drop at least 8lbs. Cardboard and water here I come... and I run on...
CrossFit Open 2016 Local Leaderboard
10 years ago
So you're going all out for this race then, huh? LOL I bought the last pair of arm warmers available in the state today so don't bother looking for any tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteHave a great run!