Well, its been 3 weeks since my marathon. I have been doing some thinking... I'm doing a lot of races, but not much TRAINING. I have run a half marathon and a full marathon within a 3 week span, and I have another half marathon tomorrow. I initially was going to do the full tomorrow, but chickened out!! I have a 4 mile race next weekend. Then the weekend after that, I have MY race of the year... the 25k National Championship in Grand Rapids, MI. I plan on placing in the top 5 for the Clydes.
I'm taking a break after this. I have been officially challenged to get to Boston. I think I can do it. I'll make my attempt at CIM 09, but I'm still going for a major PR at the Detroit Marathon!! My major obstacle is my weight. People may say "you're not fat at all... I wish I could be as skinny as you". But they fail to realize, yeah I'm over 6ft, but I weigh 193lbs. Thats overweight for a "competitive" marathoner. Yes, I have made the transition... I'm no longer a recreational runner, I'm actually looking to get better and faster.
My 4 mile run next week is actually a fundraiser for the Lighthouse, i'll just be jogging that to show support, and for part of my "easy run" for the day. After the 25k, I'm going to have to decide how I'm going to train to RUN this marathon in October. I am torn between DANIEL'S running guide and HIGDON'S Advanced I running guide. Daniel's seem more hardcore, but is not layed out very well. Higdon's is very easy to follow, but doesn't seem to maximize faster running. I have checked out Lydiard also and like what I see for training, but a formalized marathon plan it lacks!!!
So I'm out for an easy 6.5 today at 8:30/mile pace just to keep loose for 2marow. I'm going for 1:38 or better tomorrow, no excuses. But if I feel like I felt yesterday during my easy run, then all bets are off!! I'm heading out this evening for the hotel, but plan on a little stress release beforehand, by going to the range and pretending to go postal!!! But until then, i run on...
CrossFit Open 2016 Local Leaderboard
10 years ago
Hey man. Good luck on that BQ attempt. Hope the higher mileage works for you. I plan on making a Fall 2010 attempt myself at St. George or Tucson. Both have significant elevation drops.
ReplyDeleteI'll be pulling for you in your half and the 25K race.